Arm Lake Recreation Area
- Located 16 km East and
12 km South of Wainwright @ 50033 TWP RD 440
- 130 Individual Campsites
- 6 Group Campsites - 4 Over flow
- Laundromat & Showers
- 9 Hole Golf Course
- 15 km of Nature Walk Trails
- Unique History
- Open May 1 - September 30
For more information,
please call 780-842-4727
- All Alberta Health and Safety rules, directives, and regulations will apply.
- The campgrounds will only be open to Canadian residents at this time.
- If you are experiencing any signs or symptoms of illness, you must stay home. We are relying on everyone doing their part to keep staff, other patrons, and the public safe.
- We are open to 100% capacity for our group sites.
- Our Public Washrooms in the Clubhouse are open.
- Public outdoor washrooms are available.
- Currently Beaches are open.
- There is an 18 hole golf course and Mini putt open at this time.
- Club rentals are available.
- Firewood is available @ $7.00/ bundle.
- The clubhouse is open for food services.
- Tents are currently permitted.
There is a public beach available to relax at or enjoy a swim in the lake. The area also offers picnic areas, 3 playgrounds, a group shelter for day use, and firewood. There are numerous hiking trails located around the lake. There is an abundance of wildlife, which can be seen and enjoyed by a nature lover. Saskatoon berry and chokecherry bushes can also be found in the area. Fishing for Northern Pike, Perch and Walleye can be enjoyed during a stay here as well. Clear Lake and Shuster Lake are also located within 1 mile of the campground, and can also be used for a day of fishing. Perch, Northern Pike and Walleye can be found at Clear Lake and freshwater trout can be found at Shuster Lake. Cross-country skiing can also be enjoyed here during the off season.
The campground and golf course are both family-oriented, with lots of activities for both young and old. Whether you enjoy a relaxing day of fishing or a round of golf, it is all available here.
Animals that are common or have been seen in this area include Whitetail deer, Mule deer, rabbits, squirrels, chipmunks, ground squirrels, coyotes, and numerous other species.
There are also an abundance of birds that call this area home. All kinds of ducks can be found nearby, the most common being mallards, loons & diving ducks. Canada geese, Peregrine falcons, numerous varieties of hawks, chickadees, sparrows, robins, finches, jays, crows, magpies & ravens are also seen throughout the area. Arm Lake also has a pair of Turkey Vultures that can be spotted from time to time.
For more information please call 780-842-4727